Restored 1953 Lanchester Classic Car Glenview Folk Museum | Season 1 – Episode 40
Wheels Nov 10, 2021
We are featuring a rare and beautiful 1953 Lanchester LJ 200 classic car with Daimler roots it is fully restored, running and on view at Glenview Folk, Leitrim, Ireland.
The Glenview Folk Museum is located just outside Ballinamore in Co. Leitrim and is owned and run by the Kennedy Family. The Kennedys recognised the importance of preserving the past for the future and have a large display of vehicles including the Lanchester and a 1930’s car workshop accurate to the smallest detail. The Kennedy’s look forward to welcoming you to their museum. www.glenviewmuseum.ie The first Lanchester car was on the road in March 1896 and had a single-cylinder 1306 cc engine. Jumping forward to 1902 and Lanchester manufacturing in Coventry, became the first car manufacturer to market mechanical disc brakes to their customers. Replacing the pre-war 1809 cc ‘Roadrider’ model the 1968 cc ‘Fourteen’ launched on 10th October 1950 featuring a revised front suspension, a new chassis, pre-selective 4-speed epicyclic gearbox automatic lubrication on warm-up. Marketed as a small luxury car the post-war Fourteen had an entirely new coach-built body with the plan to move to an all steel body once the Coventry factories destroyed in the war had been rebuilt.
Feel free to share on social media.
This post is copyrighted© to Ireland Made® Not to be copied or reproduced without permission.